Thursday, January 26, 2012

Parmesan Crusted Pork Loin


In the Omaha Steaks package we got from my dad for Christmas, there were 4 pieces of pork loin.  I don't normally buy or cook pork so I wasn't sure what to do with it.  Whenever I have an ingredient and I'm not sure what to make with it, I always go to the Food Network website and do a recipe search for that ingredient.  I wanted a recipe that was easy and didn't call for "weird" ingredients that I would have to invest in and then possibly never use again.  I found a recipe by Giada for Parmesan-Crusted Pork Chops.  It got pretty good reviews online and I had all the ingredients in my kitchen already.  Yay for not having to go to the grocery store.  I served this with a stuffed tomato (recipe to come).  I must say the pork was pretty good, but it would have been a little bland serving it alone (not with the tomato).  So I would say the recipe is decent, but you have to serve it with a side that has a somewhat dominant flavor.

People complained in the online reviews that the crust was falling off the pork during the cooking process or the crust would burn before the pork was all the way cooked.  I didn't really have this problem.  Not really sure why--I just used a medium-high heat and put enough oil in the pan.  I think I used a vegetable or canola oil.  I don't think you want to use olive oil because the oil might burn at higher temperatures.  

Parmesan Crusted Pork Loin

Ingredients:
2 large eggs
1 cup dried Italian style bread crumbs
3/4 cups grated Parmesan
4 (1/2 to 3/4 inch thick) center cut pork loin chops
Salt
Black Pepper
6 tbsp vegetable or any light colored oil

Directions:
Whisk the eggs in a pie plate to blend.  Place the bread crumbs in  another pie plate. Place the cheese in a third pie plate. Sprinkle the pork chops generously with salt and pepper. Coat the chops completely with the cheese, patting to adhere. Dip the chops into the eggs, then coat completely with the bread crumbs, patting to adhere. Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a very large skillet over medium heat. Add pork chops, in batches if necessary, and cook until golden brown and the center reaches 150 degrees, about 6 minutes per side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...