Monday, October 10, 2011

Wishing We Were Still in London

Before I start to recap our trip, I must say that it's actually been kind of a difficult transition to be back.  I know, I know, we only went to London and we only went for a week so I wasn't expecting to feel any differently upon returning.  I'm not exactly sure why yet, but I'm actually kind of sad to be back.  Perhaps it's because I haven't been abroad in awhile for any significant period of time and I miss the "high" that I get absorbing another culture.  Perhaps it's because we had such a wonderful time that I miss waking up everyday being so excited as to what we'll see and experience that day.  Or maybe it's because London was such a fabulous and inviting city that I didn't really miss the "luxuries" of home...we had it all there--comfortable bed, good food, temperate conditions, everything is in English, etc.  Or maybe it's because I don't want to go to work today.  I'm not sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...