Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Los Cucos Green Salsa--teaser

Before going to work today, I made some green salsa.  It was my first time to try to make such a thing.  One of my favorite Tex-Mex restaurants in Houston is Los Cucos.  I know there are other good Tex-Mex restaurants in Houston, such as Guadalajara, but the main reason I go to Los Cucos is because of their green salsa.  I will eat like two bowls of it all by myself (ashamed I am not).  I've been googling "los cucos green salsa recipe" for a while now and never came found anything.  I recently started checking out a blog called "Homesick Texan" and found the recipe for Ninfa's green salsa, which is the salsa from another popular Tex-Mex restaurant.  It sounded like the Los Cucos one so I decided to give it a try.  I think it tastes JUST LIKE the one from Los Cucos....... OH HAPPY DAY!!!  You don't understand folks, I have been wanted this recipe for YEARS and every time I visit Houston I HAVE to go to Los Cucos to get some green salsa.  Now I can make this anytime I want and have it in New Jersey....w00t!  That's right, I just said "oh happy day" and w00t-ed in the time span of three sentences--that's how I roll. 

I adapted the recipe a little bit from the one I found online, so I'll probably post it this weekend.  I'm too lazy to upload the pictures at the moment, but definitely will do so in the next few days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...