Monday, January 30, 2012

Chicken Noodle Casserole


A number of weeks ago we were having typical winter weather here in NJ--cold, dark, and dreary.  Although, I must say, this weather has been relatively mild so far (knock on wood).  I wanted something to eat that would be warm and comforting--and something with leftovers that I could take to work.  I wanted some type of chicken noodle casserole but I couldn't find a recipe for exactly what I wanted.  So I kind of made one up as I went along.  It turned out pretty good!

Chicken Noodle Casserole

Ingredients:
4 chicken breast tenderloins, grilled and diced
1 (14.5 oz) box thin spaghetti noodles (I like Ronzoni Smart Taste)
Olive Oil 
8 oz. fresh mushrooms, coarsely chopped
1 medium-sized onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can (10 3/4 oz) Cream of Chicken soup
Milk (I used skim)
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons of butter, melted
1/3 cup bread crumbs

Directions:
1. Cook thin spaghetti noodles to al dente, according to directions.
2. Turn stovetop to medium high.  Drizzle olive oil to coat the bottom of a large saucepan.  Saute mushrooms, onion, and garlic until soft and cooked through.
3.  Add the can of Cream of Chicken and use the same can to measure out 1.5 to 2 cans of milk to add to the sauce pan to desired thickness.  Season with salt and pepper, to taste.

4.  In a small bowl, combine the melted butter and bread crumbs until the bread crumbs are moist.
5.  In a 9x13 baking dish, add noodles and top with chicken.

Pour sauce on top and mix it a little to make sure the sauce goes all the way through.


Top with bread crumbs.

6.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...