Saturday, August 20, 2011

Update on Couch to 5k Program

I finished week 3 of the couch to 5k program.  This week, as part of the program, I was supposed to warm up for 5 minutes, run for 90 seconds, walk 90 seconds, run 3 minutes, walk 3 minutes, run for 90 seconds, walk for 90 seconds, run for 3 minutes, walk for 3 minutes.  I was able to do this 5 times in the last week.  I must admit, the last 3 minute run is quite difficult for me.  I'm supposed to start week 4 today, which includes a 5 minute run in there...i don't quite see how that is possible at this point, but I'll try it.  Like I said, I'm so not a runner.  I also use the term "run" loosely, jog is probably a more accurate word.  I did buy myself some more workout apparel this past week--3 sports bras and 2 pairs of shorts, so maybe that will motivate me.  I hope to start week 4 today but we are going into NYC to see Cirque du Soleil at Radio City Music Hall.  So if I don't start today, I'll start tomorrow.

I'm super excited to see Cirque!  We saw the Beatles Love Cirque show (which I HIGHLY recommend) and Mystere in Vegas earlier this year and loved both shows.  I think this one will be just as good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...