Monday, February 13, 2012

Belated Superbowl Post

We decided to watch the Superbowl by ourselves this year and cheer the NY Giants on to another win.  I wanted to make a lot of fun foods that we could graze on throughout the day.  One thing I made was a really easy and tasty spread for crackers.  I took half a block of light cream cheese and poured this Stonewall Kitchen vidalia onion fig sauce on top of it.  We ate it with water crackers but you really could use any type of cracker. 


We also had pigs in a blanket.  These were previously frozen and I just baked them in the oven, so I can't really take credit for making them.  They were good dipped in some dijon mustard.


I also made a buffalo chicken blue cheese dip.  I'll put that recipe in another post because I'm too lazy to go find the recipe at the moment.

For our "main" meal, we had burgers and baked sweet potato fries.  I had a regular burger with toppings but I made Mark a blue-cheese stuffed burger.  I always use this recipe by Paula Deen for the fries (ironic that a recipe from her is kind of healthy).  They are easy to make, but as they approach the final minutes in the oven, you have to watch them  carefully.  There is only a small time window when they go from perfect to totally burnt. 
Raw Sweet Potatoes Coated in Olive Oil, Salt, and Pepper

Oven-Baked Sweet Potato Fries--Ready to Eat

My Burger, with Guacamole, Tomato, and Bacon

Mark's Blue Cheese Stuffed Burger with Tomato and Bacon
I must say all the food turned out really well.  Mark's favorite was the buffalo chicken blue cheese dip.  I can't really pick a favorite--I really enjoyed it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...