Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Williams-Sonoma Eggnog Pancakes

I bought Mark this pancake mix for Christmas because he really likes egg nog.  I added some blueberries to the batter before cooking.  The verdict?  Too nutmeg-y.  Kind of disappointing.  I think they are edible but Mark didn't really like them.  He kept saying "interesting" and "it's not bad" while eating them.  Not exactly what the chef wants to hear.  But he did reassure me and say that it wasn't that I did anything wrong, the batter just doesn't taste all that great.  And I agree.  Now, it does make a nice, fluffy, and light pancake, it's just a bit strong on the nutmeg.  I'm not a huge fan of nutmeg anyway, so if nutmeg is your thing, then you'll probably really like this. 

To make the pancakes I followed the instructions on the canister and made them on a double burner griddle pan.  I also made it a little "special" by putting whipped cream and chocolate shavings on top.  Still couldn't cover up the nutmeg flavor though.  Unfortunately, we still have about half the canister of mix left...anyone want it?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...