Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Tomato and Mushroom Omlette


Omlettes are a good way to have a healthy, filling breakfast and to use up ingredients in your fridge.  You can basically make an omlette with almost anything (meats, veggies, cheese) but I usually make vegetarian ones.  We had some mushrooms, tomato, and shredded Mexican blend cheese in our fridge, so that's what I decided to put in our omlette.  I like to saute the veggies in the pan first, with a little oil.  I used a large non-stick frying pan on medium to medium-high heat.  I sauteed the mushrooms first.  Once they were about 3/4 of the way cooked, I added the tomatoes just to heat them through a little.  Then I scrambled 3 eggs in a separate bowl (added salt and pepper to taste) and then poured it into the pan.  I lifted the pan and turned it in a circular motion so that the eggs fill the entire pan.  As the eggs cook up on the bottom of the pan, you can gently lift the eggs around the edges with a spatula and lift the pan so that the eggs that are still runny can flow to the bottom to cook.  As the eggs begin to set, you can add the shredded cheese and use a spatula to fold it in half.  When the eggs are no longer runny, the omlette is ready to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...