Monday, February 20, 2012

Creamy Avocado Dip

This dip is so easy to make. All you need is one ripe avocado, 2 tablespoons sour cream (I usually buy light sour cream because I can't taste the difference), 3 sprigs cilantro, 1 small jalapeno (seeds and ribs removed) and juice from 1 lime.  In a food processor, add the avocado and lime juice.  Process to combine the two (the lime prevents the avocado from turning brown).  Add the sour cream, cilantro, and jalapeno and process until everything is mixed together--it should be a light green color.

Enjoy with your favorite tortilla chips or Mexican dish.  We have been eating it with tortilla chips.  I also put it on a burger and it was delicious!

On a side note, the tortilla chips in the picture above are the best store-bought chips I've ever had!  As shown in the picture, the brand name is Xochitl.  I don't find them in my regular grocery store here but I've found them in more random "specialty" grocery stores.  It's definitely worth checking your local grocery stores to see if they carry it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...