Friday, September 2, 2011

Couch to 5k Progress


I think when I wrote my last update on the Couch to 5k program I was feeling pretty discouraged.  I had attempted to do the first day of week 4 and failed.  I began thinking, "maybe I'm really just not a runner in this life."  I was thinking about giving up since I wasn't super passionate about completing it anyway.  But for some reason, I just couldn't give up on it that easily.  I felt that I hadn't fully given the program, or myself, a fair shot yet.  I wanted to practice some compassion towards myself also and not push myself to do something that makes me so uncomfortable.

I decided that I would continue week 3 until I felt comfortable with it and just walk on days when I didn't feel like doing the program.  On Monday, I decided to go to the gym to walk and watch Bachelor Pad.  I was walking at a pretty good pace and actually got an urge to jog (call me crazy).  I actually ended up jogging for 10 minutes straight!  That has never happened in my life before!  Granted, I am jogging at a slower pace than I was before, but about 1.0 mph faster than my walking pace.  On Wednesday I gave week 4 of the Couch to 5k program another try, setting my jogging pace to be a little slower than when I initially tried week 4.  And I did it!  I am so proud of myself and feeling more confident that I actually can do this!  I hope to give it another try Friday...not sure if I'll have enough time yet.  I also have my 2nd acupuncture appointment Friday...then picking up our friends at the airport who will be visiting from Wisconsin.  Looking forward to a fun weekend!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...