Saturday, September 10, 2011

Couch to 5k--Still Trying

I'm still trying to complete the Couch to 5k program, but I'm using it slightly more as a "suggestion" now as opposed to a strict program.  I'm not giving up though and I'm not making excuses!  I'm just trying to balance accomplishing a goal with having self-compassion, as in not pushing myself into feeling uncomfortable.

The reason I'm using it as a "suggestion" is that some days I'm just more tired and can't complete the whole program and other days I'm more energized and want to do something more rigorous than what the program plans.  This past week I only went to the gym on Wednesday and Thursday.  (We did a LOT of walking over the weekend though).  On Wednesday, I intended to do the program, but I couldn't complete the last 5 minute run.  On Thursday, I was feeling more energized and also wanted to see how long I could run, so I warmed up by walking for 5 minutes and then jogged for 14 minutes!  My previous record time was 10 minutes, so I was quite proud of myself!  I was aiming for 15 minutes, but I just couldn't do that last minute.

I think if anything, doing this program has without a doubt increased my endurance.  I remember that early on in the program it was really difficult for me to jog for 3 minutes and now I can do 14!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...