Friday, November 25, 2011

Another NYC weekend--Day 2

This post is summing up the weekend that my dad and brother were here two weeks ago.  I had a really good time with them and we did a lot of things together!  I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving!  

On my family's last full day here, we had tickets to see the play "The Mountaintop" on Broadway.  The play stars Samuel L. Jackson as MLK and Angela Basset as a hotel maid...that's it.  Just the two of them.  It was awesome--Both of the actors were amazing!  The play takes place in a hotel room the night before MLK was shot.  It's definitely worth seeing.




I haven't gone to see a Broadway show in a long time--there's nothing out that particularly appeals to me, except for the Book of Mormon, but I don't want to pay a gajillion dollars to go see it.  I think "The Mountaintop" might be my 15th Broadway show that I've seen?  I'm not sure...I lost count somewhere along the way, but I think it's somewhere around 15.

After the show, we went to the heart of Times Square where they were having a Super Mario exhibit thingy.  It looked really neat!



My dad also wanted to get some gyros, so we stopped by a few food carts.



In the above picture, we bought some hats for my cousin's kids--I was just being silly and put one of them on.  They were soft and warm!
We had dinner at a pub and then got some slices of Junior's cheesecake before we left the city.  Mark and I got a slice of blueberry cheesecake and red velvet cake and my brother got pumpkin swirl cheesecake.  They were all delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...