This lasagna recipe is from our friend TJ. He made it for us when we visited him and his wife, Michele, in Wisconsin and was nice enough to pass on this delicious recipe to me. I've made it twice so far and it's turned out perfectly delicious each time. Thanks TJ!
1 lb ground sweet sausage
2 cloves garlic, minched
15 oz ricotta cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra
2 cups shredded Mozarella cheese
1 box lasagna noodles, no boil
28 oz. canned diced tomato, drained
15 oz canned tomato sauce
6 oz tomato paste
1/4 cup red wine
1. Brown meat with garlic and drain the fat.
2. Add the tomato sauce and tomato paste. Once the paste has incorporated into the sauce, add the diced tomatoes. Season with dried oregano, dried basil, garlic powder, and black pepper. Add the red wine.
3. Simmer the sauce until thickened. Work at med-low to low heat, and stir frequently, approximately 35-45 minutes.
4. Place ricotta in a bowl and add eggs. Mix thoroughly. Add in parmesan cheese and about 1 tablespoon of oregano. Mix until it is consistent throughout.
5. Grease the bottom of a 9x13 pan with sauce. Place noodles in the bottom (I put 3 on the bottom--left, center, and right, with 2 others centered on the gaps between the first three.)
6. Evenly spread out entire ricotta mixture.
7. Sprinkle 1 cup mozzarella over ricotta.
8. Cover with half of meat sauce.
9. Add another layer of noodles.
10. Cover with the rest of the meat sauce.
11. Cover the sauce with the rest of the mozzarella. Sprinkle top with extra parmesan. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.