Friday, November 18, 2011

Fully Loaded Mashed Potatoes



I love potatoes.  They would be my "desert island food," as in if I were stranded on a desert island and could only eat one type of food for the rest of my life, it would be potatoes.  No doubt.  I also saw on the Today show recently that potatoes have more potassium than a banana.  For our pre-Thanksgiving Thanksgiving meal, I made fully loaded mashed potatoes, which I'm sure are less healthy compared to a banana, but it tasted good.

Fully Loaded Mashed Potatoes


Ingredients:
10 Yukon gold potatoes, washed
Salt
1/2 cup milk
3 tbsp butter
1/2 cup sour cream
8 oz. bacon, cooked and chopped
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup scallions, chopped

Directions:
Fill a pot with cold water (enough to cover the potatoes) and add 2 tbsp. of salt.  When water boils, add potatoes and cook until you can easily pierce the potatoes with a fork.  Drain the cooked potatoes and return the potatoes to the pot.  Add the milk and butter.  You can use more or less milk depending on how thick you like your potatoes.  Use a potato masher to mash the potatoes and mix them with the milk and butter.  Once mashed to your desired consistency, add the sour cream, bacon, cheddar cheese, and scallions and mix well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...