Friday, November 11, 2011

Not Your Average Turkey Sandwich


This sandwich was inspired by the turkey sandwich that I had at Teaberry's the weekend of our October snowstorm.  To make it, I first cut 2 slices of challah bread.  On one piece, I put a thin layer of cheddar cheese, turkey, thinly sliced Granny Smith apple, avocado, and bacon.  Let's face it, everything tastes better with a bit of bacon.  On the other slice of bread I put a thin layer of mayonnaise.  To eat it, I put the one slice of bread on top of the other, but I forgot to take a picture of it that way.  It was really tasty and delicious, and this is coming from a person who doesn't really like sandwiches.  Mark really liked it too...he even asked for seconds!

Originally, I was going to use pumpkin butter, but then I discovered that mine had gone bad.  If I had used the pumpkin butter, then I wouldn't have used the mayonnaise nor the avocado.  It was delicious just the way it was though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...